Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Coasting to Inspiration

When we were recently married, I bought some coasters 4 for a dollar. I bought 2 because I loved these colors. Since then they have been boxed up because, frankly, I'm not really sure why I bought some coasters when we still have yet to own a coffee table... (shrug). But I recently found them when I went to get some other things out of storage, and I still love these colors, I still don't own a coffee table, so... AH HA!
I have been trying to decorate my new, ok, so I've been in this house for over a year, so it's about time to get some pictures up on the wall. I love the look of Vinyl on the wall, but it's so expensive. I have a Cricut and I can cut it, I just don't have the fundage to buy it. Then it came to me when I found these costers, I also found several rolls of shelf paper from our first house. It was really old and needed shelf paper and it had shelves everywhere so we bought a bunch. We didn't get to put it all up before we ended up moving, so I have something like 5 rolls of black marble shelf contact paper. So I tried it out with this project and EUREKA! So I had 8 total and when I figured out where I wanted them, on either side of my kitchen sink, I had to think of a phrase. (yeah, this is the final, but before I was done this is where I knew I wanted to hang them.)

I just say someone that had, "Count your many blessings, name them one by one. So since, I'm actually over orange, I came up with "Count your Blessings, One By One." So I put one word on each coaster and then once I got them placed where I wanted I found a picture on my cricut that I loved that came from nature. So here's the final product!

I love it. I just put it on with masking tape, but I might change it up and hang them on a wide single ribbon, or 2 thinner ribbons. If I do something different then I have shown, I'll post the new look.

No comments:

Post a Comment