Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bandana 15 Minute Dress

I saw this on Nannygoat's Blog
http://littlenannygoat.blogspot.com/2010/02/bandanna-dress-and-belated-valentines.html
and they got it from Trey and Lucy's Blog
http://treyandlucy.blogspot.com/2009/01/15-minute-dress.html
Each time improving on the original
Trey and Lucy, well, I don't know if it originated there, but they don't post a link to anything so who knows? It's cute either way! Then NannyGoat added the seam in the middle of the gathered top to prevent ribbon slippage! I added the cute little applique at the bottom to give it a little umph! Here's the finished dress and a close up of the appliqued area. Click on the links to see the complete step by steps, they say it better then I could!
I also love that this is a dress when she's 2-3 and it becomes a shirt when she's 5-6! I love dual purpose! Can't go wrong with leopard print sassy!

Here's a close up of the bottom left corner of the garment. I got this applique at Michael's.

This is so easy and quick! I even sewed a few extra seams and it didn't take that long! This would take someone that really knows sewing about 15 minutes. Me, it took (not including getting out my machine and setting up the area to get ready to sew) about 30 minutes. It will take a lot less time the next time I make one, the first time I try a sewing craft it always takes me longer. So sad I have to wait 2 years for Lydia to fit into this. I will be doing the same thing most likely with just fabric cut a little smaller, that will take a little longer still as the fabric's not pre-hemmed or pre-cut, but she can wear it sooner! (OK, after typing that sentence, I might just have to wait, that seems like a pain! Maybe I can find something smaller that's already hemmed? We shall entertain possibilities and get back to you!) This little dress puts me in my happy place!

No comments:

Post a Comment