Monday, September 13, 2010

Table Linens!

Craftiness is not just making things. I think craftiness is also ideas that make life easier, or at least a little more beautiful. I'm going to share an idea that I came upon on accident and I stumbled into greatness!
I am of the idea that I don't want it in my house unless it's washable. If I let up on even one thing, I am just wasting money as my boys can't keep anything clean for more then an hour. I have been buying vinyl tablecloths to cover the table so that I can just wipe it off. I was tired of the staining, and the texture of the tablecloth making it impossible to clean easily. I was buying tablecloths every 6 months and it was way beyond where it should have been, I should have been buying new ones every 2-3 months to keep them clean and whole. So I was at the store looking for another tablecloth and I came upon the clear plastic cover that you use for the cloth table linens. They are a little cheaper then the vinyl ones and that way I can buy a table cloth that I really like, still vinyl, (I won't take a chance that the cover will shift and get the bottom tablecloth dirty) and then cover it with a cloth table linen cover. The plastic cover protects the tablecloth and is 1,000,000 times easier to clean, it wipes right off and I don't have to scrub. There's no texture so wiping is easy and there is no staining! Best $5 I ever spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment